I suggest you to spend the morning visiting the largest aquarium in Europe, Ocenogràfic. It represents the most important ecosystems in the world such as the Arctic where a family of belugas is living, the Antarctica plenty of adorable Gentoo Penguins, sharks swimming calmly in the oceans, Dori and Nemo (Surgeon and clown fish) living surrounded of coral reefs and dolphins playing happily with their carers at the dolphinarium.The Submarine restaurant and the entrance building are two spots you cannot miss. UNMISSABLE THINGS
DO YOU KNOW WHAT?
- Enjoy an underwater journey visiting the largest aquarium in Europe and do not miss any educational workshop to know more about those animals.
- The Ocenogràfic has the largest 4D cinema in Spain with more than 190 seats making the experience of watching a film unique. At the projection room the visitors will feel cold, scents, snow, changes in light and also the vibration seat system.
- The Ocenogràfic organizes educational workshop to know more about the animals. Once you arrive at the aquarium do not forget to ask the timetable to organize the itinerary. Daring people will be able to sleep surrounded by sharks!.
During the afternoon I recommend you to continue exploring the Calatrava´s futuristic complex. You can visit The Sciences Museum Príncipe Felipe, a scientific benchmark in the sphere of interactive science and technology. The main goal is to encourage the curiosity and the critical spirit an enjoyable way.
To carry on you can also watch a 3D film at the Hemisfèric. If you did not visit the 4D cinema at the Oceanogràfic, this is you last opportunity to live the experience.
However, if you did it, I suggest you the last option, explore the Opera House “Palau de les Arts Reina Sofia”. It is possible to do a tour to admire the magnificent, architecture of this building and to know more about the venue where the most important and great performances of opera and ballet are taking place during the entire year.Here, the time just flies by, so I suggest you to combine just to two options:
- Sciences Museum + Hemisfèric
- Sciences Museum + Opera House tour
- Hemisfèric + Opera House tour
To organize better the afternoon program, do not forget:
- Check the movie listing in the Hemisfèric
- Check the timetable of the educational workshop that are taking place at the Science Museum Príncipe Felipe:
- Check the timetable of the guided tours Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía (Opera house)
https://en-visitesguiades.lesarts.com/ ¿DO YOU KNOW WHAT?
The City of Arts and Sciences is a venue committed with the music that is why famous open-air concerts are taking place during the entire year:
To have lunch during the second day I suggest you some options:
- If you want to stay inside the aquarium, here, there´s some restaurants which have good quality such as:
- The Submarine Restaurant central lake. Here, the most exceptional quality is the located next to circular aquarium that surrounds the restaurant, where diners can enjoy its exquisite dishes in a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere. https://www.oceanografic.org/en/restaurante-submarino/
- Oceanos Restaurant: Located at the centre of the aquarium. The Océanos restaurant is one of the ideal places for sampling a varied range of meats and Mediterranean produce.
- Lonja: A perfect place to enjoy as a family. The Lonja self-service restaurant is located near the dolphinarium and has capacity for 750 people. Its varied menu makes Lonja one of the favourite places to eat.
- Delfinario hamburguer restaurant: Before the dolphinarium exhibition, you can visit the Delfinario hamburger restaurant, located under its grandstands, and sample one of Oceanogràfic’s star hamburgers.
- Mediterráneo pizzeria: With spectacular views of the Oceanogràfic aviary, the Mediterráneo Pizzeria offers the best variety of pizzas, hot dogs and sandwiches to recharge during your visit. Additionally, it is a perfect place to cool down with a delicious ice cream or snow cone and sample the amazing handmade waffles.
Get more information:
2. However, if you have decided to continue discovering the City of Arts and Sciences and the next spot is the Science Museum Príncipe Felipe, the Hemisfèric or Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía (the opera house) then, you can have lunch at:
- La Trattoria: The Museo Trattoria restaurant is specialised in Italian cuisine, with traditional Mediterranean flavours and creative touches in the presentation of its dishes. You will find it in Valencia, in the City of Arts and Sciences.
- Museu de les ciències príncep felipe cafeteria: It offers visitors a wide, interesting range of hot and cold sandwiches, mixed dishes, salads and desserts in a modern atmosphere. The installations offer our clients a spectacular view over the gardens of the River Túria.
- Hemisfèric hamburger restaurant: Enjoy the best hamburgers in the new hamburger restaurant of the City of Arts and Sciences. Delicious 100% grilled beef in Delicious bread with a side of crispy fries. Your best option for eating at Hemisfèric.
- Contrapunto: located in Valencia’s Palau de les Arts, Contrapunto Les Arts is one of the city’s leading establishments of Mediterranean food. https://www.restaurantecontrapuntolesarts.com/menu-semanal
3. The last option you have is to go to the department stores which are around the complex and where you can have the most varied gastronomic offer. They are El Corte Inglés, Aqua Mutiespacio and Centro comercial El Saler.